Cordlife Value - Added Services
Transplant Financial Assistance
Protecting 3 Generations of Your Family With Your Baby’s Cord Blood
- A pregnancy insurance that provides coverage for the pregnant mother and the baby from 7 types of possible pregnancy complications, 16 types of congenital illnesses, and maternal or child death.
- Provides one-time subsidy of SGD2,000 for pregnancy complications and congenital illnesses and SGD5,000 for maternal or child death, subject to terms and conditions and provisions of the insurance policy.
- Protection starts at 18 weeks of pregnancy or upon Cordlife enrollment (whichever is later).
- Covers 7 pregnancy complications and death.
- Protection begins from birth and lasts until 6 months.
- Cover 16 congenital illnesses and fetal demise.
|NO||Type of pregnancy complication||Incidence rate|
|1||Preeclampsia or eclampsia||1 in 15|
|2||Death of fetus||1 in 160|
|3||Abruptio placentae||1 in 100|
|4||Postpartum haemorrhage (PPH) requiring hysterectomy||1 in 378|
|5||Disseminated intravascular coagulation||1 in 526|
|6||Fatty liver of pregnancy||1 in 20,000|
|7||Amniotic fluid embolism||1 in 8,333|
|No||Type of pregnancy complication||Incidence rate|
|1||Retinopathy of prematurity||1 in 128|
|2||Ventricular septal defect||1 in 240|
|3||Infantile hydrocephalus||1 in 313|
|4||Cerebral palsy||1 in 345|
|5||Cleft palate or cleft lip||1 in 700|
|6||Atrial septal defect||1 in 1,859|
|7||Down syndrome||1 in 700|
|8||Congenital deafness||1 in 690|
|9||Spina bifida||1 in 2,500|
|10||Congenital blindness||1 in 1,250|
|11||Tetralogy of fallot||1 in 3,000|
|12||Congenital diaphragmatic hernia||1 in 3,600|
|13||Transposition of great vessels||1 in 4,000|
|14||Anal atresia||1 in 5,000|
|15||Congenital dislocation of hip||1 in 1,000|
|16||Absence of two limbs||1 in 135,135|
A transplant subsidy wherein Cordlife will provide one-time payment of up to SGD50,000 to partially cover medical costs of transplantation for the child whose cord blood unit is stored (autologous use), the child's biological siblings, biological parents or biological grandparents applicable for use in standard treatment at any accredited hospital in the Philippines.
Protection for 3 generations of your family
- Child whose cord blood is stored with Cordlife
- Legal parents
- Legal grandparents
Assisted search for matching cord blood for legal parents and grandparents of Cordlife Child, tapping Cordlife’s partner registries in Mainland China
Why save your baby’s umbilical cord blood, cord tissue and cord lining?
Rich source of
Your baby’s umbilical cord has the youngest and most active stem cells compared with other stem cell sources such as embryo, bone marrow, and peripheral blood.
Proven use in
More than 80 diseases can potentially be treated with cord blood, and 40,000 transplants have taken place worldwide.
Researchers all over the world are learning how to use stem cells to treat more diseases and repair damaged tissue or organs.
for the family
The stem cells you stored are a perfect match for your baby, and they could be used to treat other members of your family.
for a lifetime
Stem cells can be kept indefinitely if they are properly stored, and you can retrieve them whenever you need them.