Our Medical and Technical Expertise Team is committed to ensure that Cordlife meets the best international standards in all that we do. From the review of our day to day operations, to being at the forefront of technological innovation and finally, whenever a cord blood unit is required for a transplant release – we have our team of experts that focuses on bringing the best to our Cordlife parents.
Meet our Panel of Experts
Dr Chiew Yoke FongMedical Director of Cordlife Group Limited
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery from the National University of Singapore
- Masters in Internal Medicine from the National University of Singapore
- Doctor of Medicine from the National University of Singapore
- Masters in Medical Microbiology from London Hospital Medical College
- Fellow, Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
- Specialist in Pathology with work experiences: in New Zealand - Dunedin Hospital; in Singapore - National University Hospital, Alexandra Hospital, Changi General Hospital
- Former advisor of the World Health Organization
Dr Jennifer Teo Deputy Medical Director of Cordlife Group Limited
Medical Director of Cordlife Hong Kong
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery from the National University of Singapore
- Specialist Histopathologist with over 10 years experience in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomical & Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital (Hong Kong), 2004
Dr Arvin C. FaundoMedical Director, Cordlife Philippines and Cordlife Indonesia
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology (summa cum laude) Cebu Doctors' College, Cebu City, Philippines
- Doctor of Medicine from the University of the Philippines
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, College of Medicine University of the Philippines-Manila, since 2003
- Training in Hematopathology & Stem Cell Transplantation, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York
- Consultant in Stem Cell Transplantation: Asian Hospital since 2004, St. Luke's Global City since 2011
Professor Dr Menaka Hariharan MBBS (UM), MPathology(Haematology and Transfusion Medicine) UM,FRCPA (Australasia),AM, FAMM
Medical Director, StemLife Berhad
- Former Head and Professor of Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya
- Trained in cryopreservation of bone marrow and peripheral blood stem cells at theFred Hutchinson Cancer Centre in Seattle, USA, which is a world pioneer centre in stem cell transplants and research.
- Was a member of the Pioneer Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Unit in University of Malaya.
- Was responsible for the planning and organization of the new Haematology Unit for University Hospital as part of an expansion and relocation of the present Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory.
- Adjunct Professor at the prestigious John Aldwyn Gifted University, based in French Colony, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles.
- Visiting Consultant Haematopathologist at Assunta Hospital, Quantum Diagnostics Laboratory.
- Has been in stem cell field and research for more than 30 years.
Dr Andrew K. EkaputraGroup Technical Director, Cordlife Group Limited
- Doctor of Philosophy in Bioengineering from the Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Over 10 years of experience and training in regenerative medicine research using stem cells and biomaterials
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Institute of Medical Biology, Agency for Science, Research and Technology (A*Star), Singapore
- Research Fellow in the Division of Bioengineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Member of the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society
Dr Lin AiguLaboratory Director, Cordlife Group Limited
- Doctor of Philosophy in Integrative Sciences and Engineering from NUS Graduate School For Integrative Sciences and Engineering, National University of Singapore
- Over 11 years’ experience in cellular and tissue engineering, microfluidics applied to nano-bioengineering, biomedical imaging and clinical biomechanics.
- Involved in the conduction of Phase I/ II/ III clinical trials for the testing of diagnostic kits and therapeutic biomedical devices
- Project Manager for the Bioengineering Hub at the Singapore General Hospital overseeing the research activities of Movement Science Lab, Biomechanics Lab and the Device Development Office.
- Authored research articles published in High Impact Scientific Journals
Dr Tang Kin FaiLaboratory Director, Cordlife Group Limited
- Doctor of Philosophy in Microbiology from the Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Research Fellow in the Emerging Infectious Disease Program, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Genome Institute of Singapore (A*STAR)
- Research Scientist in Molecular diagnostics section in Environmental Health Institute (National Environment Agency)
- Scientific Officer in Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory & National HIV Reference Laboratory (Singapore General Hospital)
- Experience in laboratory set-ups as well as lab management in both government and diagnostics settings
Dr Li Ming MingLaboratory Director, Cordlife Group Limited
- Doctor of Philosophy in Stem Cell biology from Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore.
- Over 8 years’ experience in cell therapy research in bone tissue engineering, degenerative neurological disorders, diabetes, etc.
- Worked through the whole drug discovery process from identification to pre-clinical efficacy studies.
- Project manager in global clinical trials, Quintiles Transnational Corp.
- Member of International Society of Stem Cell Research, European Molecular Biology Laboratories and International Association of Dental Research.
- More than 10 peer reviewed international scientific journal publications.
- Articles selected as two of the cover of issues in Journal of Tissue Engineering
- Thesis committee member for Doctoral candidate (Area: Stem cell development) in National University of Singapore
Dr Maneerat EkkapongpisitLaboratory Director, StemLife Berhad
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Amedeo Avogadro University, Novara, Italy.
- Scientific team of Cyanine Technologies SpA, Turin, Italy (spin-off from Turin University).
- Doctor of philosophy in Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering from Mahidol University under Royal Golden Jubilee Scholar with USD 100,000 funding from Thailand Research Fund.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from Chulalongkorn University (Thailand)
- Over 10 years’ experience in area of pathology of infectious diseases and cancer, applying nanoimaging and nanomedicine for cancer prognosis and diagnosis.
- Involved as a speaker in numerous scientific workshops and seminars, as well as a lecturer in Chulalongkorn and Western University (Thailand).
- Former Laboratory Director of Stemlife Thailand.
- Former Senior Consultant-IP & Commercialization, Mahidol Institute of TechnologyTransfer and Innovation (MITI), Mahidol University, Thailand. Licensing Allergy Vaccine and Patent consultant for biotechnology related technology.
- Member of the Society for Stem Cell Research, Thailand.
Dr Daniel LimTechnical Director, Cordlife Group Limited
- Doctor of Philosophy in Microbiology from Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Experienced in Innate Immunology and Virology
- Former Laboratory Director for Cordlife India and Philippines
- Former Head of Group Director’s Office, Applied Sciences Group, Health Sciences Authority (HSA), Singapore
Dr Inez WongSenior Consultant Paediatric Ophthalmologist
MBBChir (Cambridge), MA
MMed, FRCSEd (Ophth),FRCOphth (London), FAMS
Medical Advisor of Eyescreen(Singapore)
- Specialise in Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus, Cataract Surgery & Comprehensive Ophthalmology, LASIK & Refractive Surgery
- Director of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service at Eagle Eye Centre
- Adjunct senior research scientist at Singapore Eye Research Institute (SERI)
- Visiting Consultant at National University Hospital (NUH)
- Former Head of the Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Service at NUH
- Former Assistant Professor and Undergraduate Medical Education Director in Ophthalmology at the National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Former Visiting Consultant at Jurong Health Services (JHS) and Health Promotion Board (HPB)
Dr Tomiko Kuhara, PhDMecial Advisor of Metascreen (Indonesia, Hong Kong, Philippines)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacy from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyushu University, Japan
- Pioneer and leading scientist in the field of metabolomics and biochemical diagnosis of metabolic disorders
- Pioneer in the development of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) method for the screening of newborns for inborn errors of metabolism
- Founder of the Japan Clinical Metabolomics Institute, Japan
- Professor Emeritus at the Kanazawa Medical University, Japan
- Former President of the Japanese Society of Biomedical Mass Spectrometry, Japan
- Councilor of the Japanese Society for Inherited Metabolic Diseases, Japan
Dr Vrushali Joshi, PhDMecial Advisor of Metascreen (Indonesia, Hong Kong, Philippines)
- Ph. D , in Applied Biology, from University of Mumbai,Mumbai, India
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research from Mumbai Pharmacy college, India
- Masters of Science from University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
- Research officer CREMERE-Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Project, Govt. of India, (2002-2006)
- Research Associate- CREMERE- MILS (Matsumoto Institute of Life Science, Japan) Project (1998-99). Diagnosis of high-risk IEM for Congenital Metabolic Disorders by Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
- Government recognized Genetic Counselor.
- Life member of Indian Society for Human Genetics and Indian Society for Genetic screening
- Over 15 years of experience in GC-MS based biochemical screening and diagnosis of metabolic disorders
- Has analyzed over 80000 cases for IEMs and has come across more than 2000 cases of common and rare genetic disorders.